Last updated: November 09, 2021
Your information when You use the Service and tells You about Your privacy rights and how the law
We use Your Personal data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, You agree to the
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following
conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear
in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a
party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other
securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any
electronic device, named Diktionary
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to
- Country refers to: United Kingdom
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the
Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate
the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the
Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or
from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity
on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable
information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may
include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address),
browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your
visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information
automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device
unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile
Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You
access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data
You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available
to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase
contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us
through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of
electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or
informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services,
including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and
events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired
about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger,
divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or
all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar
proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis,
identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to
evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor
and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with,
or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all
or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With Affiliates: We may share Your information with Our affiliates, in which case we will
any other subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that We control or that are
under common control with Us.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You
certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas
with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will retain Your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out
with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with
applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally
retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or
to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for
longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any
other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this
information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state,
province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than
those from Your jurisdiction.
agreement to that transfer.
The Company will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and
organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of Your
data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, Your Personal Data may be
transferred. We will provide notice before Your Personal Data is transferred and becomes subject to
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required
to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.diktionary.com/contact